12.14.2008

Fa La La La La


It is that time of year again, Christmas! We have our home decorated with our traditional non-traditional Krinkle tree. There is a story behind this wonderful creation of a tree. My mother and I started collecting Patience Bruster's Dept 56 Krinkles several years ago. They were sold at Macy's and other department stores, but were somewhat hard to find. One day my grandmother, in Nashville, ran into Macy's to look for some of the ornaments. Instead, she walked out with the Krinkles display tree. She wrapped it up and gave it to me that Christmas three years ago and thus, our non-traditional masterpiece, with a high heel base, graces our living room every year. It is so fun, I love it! While we do have pretty simple stockings hung now, we are currently collecting the very scare Krinkles stockings. They will be hung next year in their full glory; I can't wait!

Last year we spent the holiday with the Bovines in Dayton and thus, this year we are headed to the Stanleys in Colombus, GA. I can't wait to experience the traditons of my husband's family. It will also be Buckley's first Christmas! My little precious baby will get to chew open his own rawhide and cute t-shirt. So fun, I love Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment