11.15.2010

At the end of the Park take a right...

I had the BEST time this past week with my lovely mother in BOSTON (Bahston)!  I started my Wednesday morning EARLY, try 4:30 at the airport early.  Yes, it was awesome (the flight was nearly empty; I slept the whole way to the ATL.  Then I scrambled to the gate that changed just like every departing flight in the ATL airport to meet the beautiful Rhonda Bovine.  And off we were to Boston!  On our list of things to do: Eat at Legal Sea Foods, visit Faneuil Hall, Shop at Filene's Basement, check out the great architecture all over, eat Italian looking at the North Church, see Paul Revere's house, eat a cannoli at Mike's Pastry Shop at the North End, figure out the T, see Harvard, travel the Freedom Trail and the list continues.  I can tell you it was a great trip from start to finish, I only wanted to come home because the hubs is in TX, of course, and it was so cold.  So here's a little peak at our trip!
  The Lobster I tackled at Legal Sea Foods!


Outside the Old North church in the North End was Paul Revere's Mall.  It was a nifty building that looked renovated and lived in.  How COOL is that?!  Literally LIVING where history was made!  Anyway then we went to MIKE's 

Check this out:



The famous box: unfortunately there is no picture of the actual tasty dessert but, trust me, it was awesome.  Before we ate the dessert we did have dinner: Bruschetta, VINO, Lobster Ravioli it was awesome at Cafe Florentine!  By the end of the second day we had the T figured out and we could get where we wanted when we wanted.  Then...I was coming back to the hotel on the green line and all of a sudden the train stopped and did not restart.  Oh, and by the way, it was the most crowded I had ever seen the train...The announcer then said the train wasn't running, the Boston police and fire departments were on the scene.  Oh lovely!  So I headed out through the Make Way for Ducklings exhibit in the Park.  Loved it!   The way home was fairly flawless and definitely warmer here in TX! 
Thank you Mom for inviting me!  I had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment