1.28.2013

Happy NEW YEAR 2012!!

Well a good year has come and gone!  2012 was exciting!  We rang in the new year with our friends, the Bells and got a funny picture or two out of it!
 Brogan, a mere 8 months old, so cute, us...we needed to stay the babysitter for the remainder of 2012!
We were all dolled up to go downtown and watch the fireworks after dinner.
That night also introduced me to homemade fondue, which I believe everyone should make at least once a year.  In January 2012, Brandon finally came off service for the first time in 7 months, and anesthesia started.  What a roller coaster that was.  Everyone told us how fantastic it was, nice, relaxed, home early, etc.  Well, Brandon had a few very sick patients, two of which really tried to die.  He learned so much in those four months; it was unreal.  He'll probably never see that kind of activity again in his practice.  So residency is good, and was good in '12!
Also in January, the annual San Antonio Rodeo comes to life!  We kick activities off with the BBQ out at SeaWorld where we get to do fun things like ride the mechanical bull:
I do have a video of me doing it, but it's rather ridiculous!
And there's the whole bunch we were there with!

February, came and we went to dinner at my favorite Hibachi grill.  Much like my thirteenth birthday party.  It was awesome and the people that came made it even better!  We are blessed!
April used to bring Spring Break, in San Antonio, it brings Fiesta!  We always enjoy the Oyster Bake and help bring in the scholarship dollars to St. Mary's.  Then to the '09 party at UIW to help those kids too.  It's fun.  The parades are the hit, though.  Schools close so the parades can happen!
May brought baby fun to Dayton, where we celebrated Lauren Little and precious Krista Rose!
In May we hit the lake- WE LOVE the LAKE.  It's a fun time in the water, out of the buildings we work in, away from the stress, we get our Vitamin D and recharge our batteries!


 In June, we got to the lake as much as possible!  We bought a wake surf board and really wanted to test the waters, it's so fun!

In June I headed to Las Vegas for a Bovine Wedding, it was lovely!
In August we went to Nashville for Kelly Bacon's Wedding- Beautiful!
In September I was working for an independent pharmacy, and I too, saw activity that one only experiences once in a lifetime.  I then quit.  For the first time in my life I was completely unemployed and not in school.  Talk about bored; my house was clean, though.  Finally, after what seemed like forever, I got hired!  I started back to full time work in November with the State of Texas!  And the holidays came.  God is so good.  He truly is amazing and never ceases to blow my socks off with what He is doing.
We hosted Friendsgiving again and can't get enough of it!  After we were cleaning up Brandon and I realized, we only have two more, San Antonio versions of Friendsgiving.  We were sad and delighted at the same time.
The Bovines came before Christmas and we had a smashing good time.  It was Nathan's first visit to the Alamo City and it was great!

That brings us to this New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment